Monday 26 January 2009

Day Fifteen Of Diet Challenge

Well, it’s the start of week three and I can genuinely say that I’m feeling much better than I did on week one.

Any “detox-nasties” that were still left in my system seem to have disappeared and I’m feeling fresh, revitalised and ready to attack week three now so beware! : )

I myself have lost a couple of pounds (although this wasn’t the main reason why I’m doing the diet, I’m doing it for the health benefits) and I’m looking leaner and more defined than I have done in a while.

I’m working hard with my exercise (although not becoming obsessed with it!) making sure I get in 3 workouts per week whether it be at my local gym or in my garden. My stomach muscles are starting to come through again (yay!). I didn’t have much excess bodyfat in the first place if I’m being honest, although I am starting to notice some changes now, which is good.

I’m drinking plenty of fresh clean water (although not filtered water). As I’ve been saying for quite some time now using a high powered “super-duper” water filter can not be as great as we might think!

Why?

Well as well as sucking out all the bad bacteria, it also takes the good bacteria with it too so I’ve been opting for Evian bottled water.

So anyway whilst I’ve got you here, I just wanted to take some time out to talk to you about the 2 diet techniques that I refer to in my report and that’s Metabolic Typing and calorie zigzagging.

I’ve had 3 of the same question hitting my mailbox this week and the question was “when to start eating according to your metabolic type” and “when to start zig-zagging calories?”

Good questions these but you can relax!

These 2 diet techniques are implemented on day 50 (Week 8) of the Diet Challenge so you’ve got a while yet although it won’t hurt to find out what metabolic type you are now! You can go here to fill out the questionnaire and find out more info on it if you like (if you haven’t done so already).

So for now, keep going as you are (Remember this is a 60 day commitment so don’t stop here), and here are three more fat burning tips to help you stay on course this week

Cut out the alcohol

Having a drink whilst on this detox will not only seriously reduce your strength and recovery after your workouts but will also put a “screaming halt” on your fatloss goals.

I mentioned the affects of “acetate” in my report but incase it didn’t go in the first time, let me refresh your memory : )

Alcohol is converted into a substance called acetate and this stuff is bad news if you wan to burn that stubborn bodyfat.

You see, acetate stays in your system for a very long time. A car engine typically uses only the one source of fuel, however your body on the other hand draws from a number of energy sources such as protein, carbohydrates and fats.

The choice of fuel (for your body) is dictated by its availability. In other words, your body will use whatever you feed it! So when acetate levels rise, your body simply burns more acetate (for fuel) and LESS FAT!

The exact opposite of what you want to achieve!

So in essence, acetate pushes FAT to the back of the cue.

Need I say more? Do yourself a favour and cut it out completely for the next few weeks.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying “don’t ever drink alcohol ever again” that would be both foolish and unrealistic but what I am saying is that you do need to stay off the source for the next few weeks if you want to see some great results by Day 60.

And if you want some more reasons to stay sober for the rest of this challenge then check this out : )




Classic eh? Although some of those guys must have been seriously intoxicated to do some of the stuff they were doing : (

Anyway, just stay off it ok?

(ok where were we!)

Use your food diary

Keep using your food diary and keep planning what you’re going to have to eat for the next day. Remember if you fail to prepare then prepare to fail. Ok : ) that sounded a bit of a cliché (even by my own admittance!) but the truth of the matter is that those who stick to a food diary are more than likely to be successful than those who don’t.

So write down everything you eat and drink and make sure you know what you’re going to eat for the next day.

Use low fat Cooking Techniques.

Avoid frying and microwaving, instead replace with steaming, baking, grilling or stir-frying.

Good luck, keep the momentum going and I’ll speak to you in the week : )


Sam

No comments: