Yes its that time of year again, the countdown to Christmas has begun! 4 weeks to go and from now until the new year there is more than likely to be a constant stream of invites to Christmas parties and social “get-togethers” as well as umpteen excuses to stay in, eat comforting foods and ease off on the exercise.
Someone said recently that the average person between now and January 1st puts on 6 pounds of body fat.
That’s over 1 pound a week!
Now, whilst most of that weight will probably come from overindulgence, the chances are that most of it will come from not sticking to healthy eating and exercise.
Stick to this plan, and make sure you don’t get more than you bargained for this Christmas…
1. Carry on exercising! Don’t put it off until the new year, make sure you spend atleast 10 minutes 3 days a week during this busy period. Work hard for those 10 minutes and don’t finish the workout thinking you could have done more.
2. Drink plenty of water! A general rule of thumb is to try and drink a litre of water for every 50lbs you weigh. So if you weigh 10 stone or 140lbs then you should be drinking just under 3 litres of plain, clean water a day
3. Eat little and often throughout the day - no excuses!
4. Eat a hearty breakfast without fail!
5. Limit alcohol consumption - stick to low calorie alternatives such as wine spritzers, vodka and slim line tonics etc.
6. Get some sleep! Research shows that missing out on sleep can put a holt on fatloss. Your body and brain repair themselves when we sleep so don’t miss out!
Come January 1st, your new years resolution should be to carry on with your fatloss goals and NOT to start all over again!
You’ve been warned!