Saturday 4 October 2008

Hi,

how are you?

Missing me? (Don't answer that!)

I just thought I'd take some time out today to talk to you about something that has been bothering me for quite some time now. Infact, I feel so passionately about this subject that I've HAD to sit down and write to you about it.

I want to to talk about the latest fitness games, fun for all the family, boxing, yoga, tennis, video games that are out at the moment.

You know what I'm talking about right?

The video games that are billed as a "fitness breakthrough"?

If you're still not sure about what I'm raving on about, players use a pressure-sensitive balance board to improve their fitness, strength and balance by heading virtual footballs, spinning computer-generated hula hoops and replicating yoga positions demonstrated on-screen.


Well, it seems that people have become "sucked in" by the latest marketing that's been hitting us from all angles of late. Infact, I was only out with friends last week who were raving about the benefits of these new games.


So what's my gripe with these consoles I hear you ask? Surely they're better than some of the games that are out there at the moment, and anything thats encouraging our kids of today to exercise is a bonus right?

WRONG!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for promoting fitness in anyway I can and it was only last week that I was playing with my nephews new fitness game (shame on my sister for buying it!!!) and we had a great time, but I have two concerns that I'd like to share with you right now about these games.

My first concern is this...

After only half an hour of playing the tennis and boxing game with my nephew, after a while I was finding that I was able to "cheat" (shock, horror!) with some of the strokes and punches, therefore meaning that I wasn't exercising as hard as I should have been! Shame on me but it was unfortunately true!

Now don't get me wrong, those of you that know me will know that I like to put 110% into my exercise workouts as my trainers will verify, but I found that the game advertised as the "Fitness Breakthrough" wasn't really challenging me (or my nephew come to think of it) as much as I thought it would due to the fact that you can "cheat".

So, if a fit, motivated personal trainer can cheat on these games then surely others that haven't got got such a postivite attitude towards exercise will do exactly the same if not more? So in my opinion, I would have to question the effectiveness of these games for burning body fat.

I'm just being honest!

My second concern is this... (I'm just getting warmed up now!)

Our kids of today are going to be spending EVEN MORE time infront of the TV!

Let me shed some light on this ever gowing matter!

We have an entire world full of children who can't rest or relax unless they're watching TV, listening to the radio or playing video games so what do the corporations of these game makers want us to do?

Spend EVEN MORE time infront of the TV thats what!

Great!!!

Yes, these video game corporations are now tapping into exercise games to make us (and our children) think its ok to spend EVEN MORE hours infront of the TV because we're doing it in the name of "exercise."

Surely we need to get our kids AWAY from the TV and not encourage them to spend even more time infront of it?

We want to encourage our children to ACTUALLY play sports, not "pretend" to play whilst staring at a screen for hours on end!
We want our children to breathe fresh air and enjoy the great outdoors, not live their life infront of a games console.

If you need any more persuasion, then check out this video below that I've uploaded! ;-)



Ok, I feel as though I've ranted enough now ;-) Have a good week and for goodness sake keep yourself and your kids off those fitness games and start exercising the way mother nature intended us to!!!

It's your choice at the end of the day, but I know which path I'd choose!


To Your Health,


Sam ;-)


PS - If you’re fed up with gimmicks and are looking for a effective fatloss programme then I’ve got a couple of recommendations to help you achieve more than you currently are, and faster than you’re used to.

One is my ‘Distance Support Programme’ programme.

Its my Distance Support Programme I’ve formulated to deliver rapid results through training worksheets, nutrition programmes, recipes and daily motivational emails to keep you on track.

My readers have not only gone on to lose a shed load of body fat, but increase their health, their fitness and so much more.

Go to www.evolutionfitnessandnutrition.com/distance_support_programme

And if moneys a little tight at the moment, then I suggest you get on over to my free fat loss report. It will be well worth your time as it has plenty of tips and advice that I use you with my current paying clients that have helped them achieve great success.

Go to www.evolutionfitnessandnutrition.com/free_fat_loss_report

No comments: