Sunday 31 May 2009

My Outdoor Fatloss Workout

The weather here in the UK has been amazing of late (which is really unusual!) so yesterday I decided to workout down at the local park.

I'm real lucky where I live because the park is only a 10 minute walk away however I decided to take my 20kg kettlebell with me so it was more like 20 by the time I got there.

Park was really busy, children playing with hula hoops,office workers relaxing on their lunch break, sunbathers basking in the sun. For a minute I didn't think I was going to find a spot (didn't want to disturb too many people with my workout) although I eventually found a cool spot (right next to some deer actually!)

and here's what I did:

The deer get a bit worried half way through =>



Simple yeah? Although not easy. =>

Here's how it looks on paper.

Push Ups x 20 reps
Kettlebell Swings x 20 reps (or with dumbbells)
Walking Lunge x 20 reps
Alt Kettlebell Swings x 20 reps (or with dumbbells)
Burpees x 20 reps

Rest for 1 minute

Then repeat x 5


The workout is great if you're short on time. It will take you around 15-20 minutes to complete if you work fast. You can do it as a normal workout or it's also really great after a weights session aswell instead of your intervals.

Give it a go, make use of your local park or garden and get a workout in!

Sam Winkworth
CPT SPN

No comments: