Wednesday 18 March 2009

What Were You Doing 77 Days Ago?

Hi

What were you doing 77 days ago?

I know, funny question, but there is a point, you see, today is day 76 of 2009 which means that 77 days ago you were celebrating New Year’s Eve and, like most people, you were setting up your New Year’s Resolutions and goals.

And look, here we are at day 76 already.

Time goes by pretty quick, huh?

But I’m not just mailing you to act as some kind of timekeeper or clockwatcher, rather I wanted to share with you something that I’ve been thinking about a lot this week.

You see, it recently dawned on me that, we’re already approaching the end of the first quarter of 2009 and that many of the goals I’d set for myself this year haven’t even been started. In truth, many of them haven’t even been thought about.

It’s not like they’re not important to me. They are, many of them would REALLY change my life for the better if I could bring them to life but, well, I just haven’t seemed to get around to them.

I bet you’re the same right?

I bet you have a huge list of things that you KNOW would absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt change your life for the better, yet you haven’t taken a single, solitary action on them, right?

Weird isn’t it?

For instance in my own life I know that these goals are important to me:

1. To have some kind of break, holiday or adventure every 12 weeks.

As much as I love running my own personal training company I tend to be extremely busy most of the time and rarely have time to "switch off" from it, so I made a promise to myself at the start of 2009 to schedule in more holidays. Infact schedule one in every 12 weeks.

There are soo many places in the world I want to visit (Grand Canyon, Great Wall Of China, Garden Of Gods, A Carribean Cruise, Adventures in Krabbi Jungle in Thailand) but haven't even done ANY of them yet!

2. To continue to develop my knowledge base by reading a book every week.

When I think back to when I was a young lad growing up, I used to ALWAYS be reading. There was nothing I liked better than to read. It made me happy. Nowadays it feels like I never have time to read.

I'd like to get back to reading one book a week.

3. Earn Extra Income

Yep, I make no bones about this goal. I want to make money, and lots of it too! For the pure and simple fact that I (and my family)can have a good quality of life and experience the things that I may not be able to if I didn't have money.

4. To Squat 200kgs fo 5 reps and increase my muscle mass!

I love challenging myself whether it be professionally or personally. This goes for my fitness goals too. I'm squatting 140kgs at the moment and I want to get up to 200kgs. I also want to add an extra half a stone of lean muscle mass to my physique too.

Challenging myself is an important part of my life. It helps me to stay focused.

5. Write my new e-book.

I've planned it for ages and even written a bunch but I'm still behind schedule if I'm to get it done this year.

I have plenty more....: )

Most likely you’ve got a bunch like this too haven’t you?

For example, what financial goals did you set for yourself on New Year’s Eve?

What about your health goals? I KNOW you had a bunch of those!

How about adventures? We all want to travel more and experience more and I bet you had set some goals in this department, right?

Not to mention relationships, education, family and career goals.

I bet you had a bunch, yet where are you with them?

That’s not a rhetorical question,I mean it. Where are you with these goals?

Did you achieve them as you said you would?

More to the point, did you even START them?

I know that I didn’t even BEGIN many of the goals I set at the start of the year. I know they’re important to me, I know they’ll change my life in more positive ways than I can even begin to tell you but for some strange reason, I haven’t even begun to chase them yet.

Like I said, weird.

So look, I’ve got this mad, crazy idea.

I want to help you achieve YOUR goals over the course of this year and I want you to keep ME on track. Sound like a fair deal?

It starts today.

Tell me what your most important, most pressing goals are and I’ll tell you mine and (hopefully) together we can see 2009 through in great style.

Of course, you could simply ignore this and pass it off as silly but, well, that’ll just mean that the next 76 days are just like the first, and the ones after that, and the ones after that.

I need help to bring my goals to life.

So do you.

So let’s do this!

Sam Winkworth
www.evolutionfitnessandnutrition.com

P.S – I got my idea for this email from my friend Dax Moy, Author of The MAGIC Hundred. I’m glad he kicked me in the butt today : )

No comments: