Saturday 27 February 2010

Every Woman Who Want's To Lose Weight & Improve Their Health Should Read This!

Over the last 3 months, me and my team have trainers have been running our second Transformation Contest. 4 hand-picked volunteers were challenged to transform their body by way of healthy eating and exercise.

No diet pills, supplements or compicated calorie counting just a real emphasis on wholesome foods, short burst workouts like circuit training and maintaing a positive can-do attitude through the course.

Throughout the Contest, volunteers were asked to:

1) Give up wheat (bread, pasta etc), preocessed food and alcohol.
2) Fast 1-2 times per week using the Eat Stop Eat nutritional philosophy.
3) Train 4 times a week. This included one FREE private session each week with us aswell as attending one of our popular Bootcamp sessions each week.
4) fill out a food diary and blog their transformation experiences over at www.samwinkworth.ning.com

Each of the 4 challengers worked really hard over the last 3 months and it was hard picking an overall winner of the Contest but...after alot of thought we gave first place to Nicola Fitzgerald (below). I loved Nicola's attitude throughout the challenge. She always gave 100%. She always remained positive (which I liked), and she never missed a Bootcamp session.

It was Nicola's extra hard work and positive atttitude (and also the great results that she achieved aswell!) that swayed me to give first prize to her. She will receive a £250 cash prize so congratulation Nic!

Read Nic's full rundown of the contest below and let us know what you think in the comments section below:

****



"Prior to the challenge I would have ranked myself around low to middle in terms of fitness, I walked everywhere, kept an eye on my weight and did exercise classes. I was very in to yoga before my pregnancy, had worked with personal trainers in the past and overall was aware of my physical shape and body. I found it very difficult to shift the last of my pregnancy weight, which was why the transformation challenge appealed to me initially.
Anytime in the past I wanted to lose weight I would drastically alter my diet and see results. Total elimination of food groups and massive drop in calories worked for me but was not something I wanted to do forever. I thought it was best to abandon the binge purge method and look more towards a new way of living, eating and exercising.....

Exercise in the past was a hobby more than a 'look for results' type thing. Maybe 2 to 3 classes a week, or swimming and I was keeping my head above board but as mentioned, food was my way to lose weight. Even though I enjoyed exercise it was never fully integrated into my lifestyle and always fell by the wayside eventually.

From reading above it sounds like I was fairly good with my diet and fitness, but really I am all or nothing, non stop food , booze and fun or no carbs, no dairy and no fun!!

When I first started the challenge my biggest concern was the detox. How could I possibly eliminate all the food groups together for 30 days?? I could get rid of cheese (no probs), wheat (no probs), processed food (no probs) but all together? and with no wine??
1 week in and I can't remember having as much energy. My skin was looking great, my cravings were gone, apart from the tea, I'll never not want tea and I felt like I could run a marathon. When the exercise aspect of the programme kicked in I absolutely adored it. Bootcamps, 1 on 1 sessions, home exercising - I was like a woman posessed, I absolutely loved it. My clothes felt comfortable initially and at week 3 had a cut a new notch in my belt,I was delighted.

For me the toughest part of the challenge was mind over matter. The psychological of it is quite difficult, because you're doing something that ulimtately will benefit you, yet have to sacrcifice all 'rewards' on the way. For me, at the end of the day, after I've put my son to bed, a glass of wine is my treat. To not have that after the initial few weeks of excitement over a new routine is a hard pill to swallow. Weekends felt very 'samey' and my cooking skills were testing to the max to create something enjoyable and 'allowed'. The exercise, for me, was always good fun. Short bursts of high intensity work outs and before you know it, you're done for the day. I loved Sam's 'metabolic disturbance' workouts because you knew you would get results and I did. Everything just got smaller, from my boobs to my belly and my legs.

I was thrilled with my results, I dropped from a size 12 to a size 8 all over. I had to buy new jeans and take even my pre-pregnancy clothes to the charity shop as they were a bit too baggy. I lost over 1 stone in weight and even over Xmas managed to keep it all off.

I couldn't recommend the transformation programme more highly if I tried. Sam is an incredibly positive mentor, hard working no excuses allowed and keeps you on your toes (Skinny toes!) You see results and a change in how you view food and excercise. You get a sense of achievement like no other and I know I can continue elements of this programme right throughout my life. Sam doesn't just direct you towards a certain diet and excercise programme with no explanation, you understand completely what you are doing, why you are doing it and how it personally helps you.

I feel I entered into the most pro-active and positive exercise and nutrition programme there is and you'll never look back if you do the same."

- Nicola Fitzgerald, Sevenoaks, UK

****

Keep your eyes peeled for details of the next Transformation Contest.

Peace out,

SAM : )

No comments: